|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||International Studies Abroad|
|Restrictions:||UW-Whitewater applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||04/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||05/23/2018||08/11/2018|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Type:||Internship||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Options:||Apartment, Home-Stay, Hotel/Hostel||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||Freshman, Graduate, Junior, Senior, Sophomore||Areas of Study:||Accounting, Advertising, Anthropology, Arabic, Art History, Arts, Asian Studies, Astronomy, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Chinese, Communication, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Cultural Studies, Dance, Economics, Education, English, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Studies, Finance, Foreign Language (other), French, Geography, Geology, German, Graphic Design, Health, History, Human Resource Management, Humanities, Independent Study, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Internships, Japanese, Journalism, Latin American Studies, Legal Studies, Liberal Studies, Management, Management Computer Systems, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Music, Peace & Justice Studies, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Policy & Administration, Public Relations, Race & Ethnic Studies, Religious Studies, Service Learning, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Theatre, Women's Studies|
|Target Language:||English||Internship Available:||Yes|
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad
6-Week Career-Building Internships in Australia
Internships are designed for an individual looking to learn new skills and gain practical knowledge in their field of study in order to facilitate career development. Our internship programs are not built around menial tasks. We custom build internships to meet participants' needs and bring our experience to ensure a great internship experience. Students and advisors who choose GlobaLinks Learning Abroad for their internship program know that they will receive a high-quality placement, the option for academic credit, and much more.
Over the past 20 years, we have served thousands of university students and their advisors through our well-reputed internship program. Each intern has been provided with high-quality work experience in their chosen field of study, which has undoubtedly benefited them as they began their full-time job search.
Our international internship programs are not only for career-building experience. The personal growth, cross-cultural communications skills, and global competencies each student gains makes these individuals stand out from all other graduates.
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad internships are available:
- in every field of study
- for varying lengths in order to accommodate different majors and student with different internship requirements
- throughout Australia - all major cities AND small towns!
- in English so that language is not an obstacle to a great internship placement
More than just a Placement
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad internships are not like other internship programs. Working with us means that you get much more than just a placement, as we are the only internship program that gives you the Global Career-Building Experience.
The Global Career-Building Experience Includes:
- High-Quality Work Experience
- Academic Credit Option
- Personalized Program Based on Your Goals
- Resume and Cover Letter Advising
- 24/7 On-Site Support
- Excursions and Adventures
Global Personal Brand Discovery and Toolbox:
- Workbook on Personal Branding – An easy step-by-step book that you can use for tangibles on building your brand
- Business/Networking Cards – Specially designed business/networking cards to take with you on the program to encourage networking
- Social Media Development – Resources or online workshop which focuses on LinkedIn account information and utilization
- Personal Brand Assessment – A pre-departure assessment on current brand strength
- Resume and Cover Letter Resources
- Online Career Counseling Resources
- Guaranteed Housing – typically in a shared apartment, dorm, youth hostel, or homestay
- Health insurance
- 24/7 onsite support
- Pre-departure services including assistance with immigration visas, airline tickets, orientation,
- Flight advice and booking options
- Cell phone or sim card (minutes purchased at an additional cost)
- Students can select to receive 4 credits from Chapman University for the 6-week internship placement. In order to earn credits, a students will be required to submit assignments via email to our Academic Assessment Supervisor:
- Citizen of the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Hong Kong and Japan are all eligible for the program. We may be able to assist students from other countries, so please inquire with our office if your citizenship is not listed. Must be between the ages of 18-30
About GlobaLinks Learning Abroad
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad, formerly AustraLearn, programs are created with individual student's goals in mind. Our programs are built around a unique Discovery Model which is delivered by our amazing staff, both in the U.S. and overseas. Our Discovery Model provides every student with an individualized experience through discovery in 5 key areas: personal, academic, cultural, social, and professional. Our North American staff counsels each student through the application and enrollment process, and our on-site Resident Coordinators set up a calendar of activities for students related to each area of discovery. These activities are more than just tourist excursions, and include opportunities like networking events, local festivals, gallery openings, and other similar events that you can't find in a travel book.
Dates and Deadlines
The program dates and deadlines for the coming year are listed below:
- January 14 – March 1, 2013: Deadline September 14
- May 27 – July 12, 2013: Deadline February 1
- June 24 – August 9, 2013: Deadline March 1
- September 2 – October 18, 2013: Deadline May 3
Call toll free: 1-800-980-0033
Learn more about this program on our internship-specific website: www.gointernabroad.com