Fall Travel Study,
Spring Travel Study,
|Restrictions:||UW-Whitewater applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||04/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Travel Study||2018||04/01/2018||04/30/2018||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Winterim||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Calendar Year(SP+FA)||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Wisconsin Grant for Study Abroad
The Wisconsin Grant for Study Abroad provides grants of up to $2000 for students participating in study abroad programs who meet the following criteria:
- Wisconsin resident
- Undergraduate student enrolled in a program leading to a Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated financial need (MUST MEET WITH FINANCIAL AID OFFICE - Hyer 130, 262-472-1130)
- Completed 24 credits toward graduation at the time of application for the grant
- Full-time enrollment in the semester preceding the study abroad program
- Participating in a grant-eligible global experiences program (see below), demonstrated by an active UW-W Global Experiences Application
Note: Because of limited grant funding, Wisconsin Grant funding cannot be guaranteed to all eligible students. Priority will be given to students with high financial need, students who are studying abroad for the first time, and students studying abroad on long-term programs.
Eligible Global Experiences Programs
Students participating in the following program types are eligible to receive funding through the Wisconsin Grant for Study Abroad:
- Fall, Spring, and Winterim Faculty-Led Travel Study Programs
- International Student Teaching Programs
- Winterm, Semester or Year Long Global Experiences Programs (of any program type)
Deadlines and Application Process
In order to be considered for the grant, students must a) have a completed FAFSA application on file with the Financial Aid Office and b) submit the online Wisconsin Grant for Study Abroad Application by the following deadlines:
|Wisconsin Grant for Study Abroad Application Submission Deadline||For global experiences programs in:|
|October 15th||Winterim, Spring Travel Study, Spring Calendar Year|
|April 1st||Fall Travel Study, Fall, Academic Year|
The Center for Global Education reviews applications for eligibility based on the student and program criteria given above. Eligible applications are forwarded to the Financial Aid Office for need determination, award, and notification.
For further information about filing a FAFSA, please visit the contact the UW-W Financial Aid Office. To learn more about using Financial Aid, grants, and scholarships to fund your study abroad experience, please visit http://www.uww.edu/international/globalexperiences/funding.